There are simple steps you can take to avoid lizard, flaky and rough skin patches on your body:
- Avoid long, steamy showers or baths as hot temperatures deplete your skin of moisture and the longer you stay, the worse your skin will be.
- Use a gentle Body Wash, consider switching to a creamy wash, soap-free and even a fragrance-free wash if your skin is sensitive.
- Apply moisturizer RIGHT AFTER stepping out of the shower or bath to lock in moisture on the surface cells.
- Use a moisturizer with nourishing oils such as olive, jojoba, macadamia or coconut. A moisturizer rich in hydrating butters such as karite or shea butter would also help alleviate dryness. Additionally, only a body lotion that incorporates gentle exfoliating actives such as lactic or gentle alpha-hydroxy acids will keep the skin supple and moist all day long while helping get rid of flakiness and unsightly little bumps.
Terme di Saturnia Spa Body Plankton for instance formulated with hyaluronic Acid, a water binding sugar complex and Bioglea, a natural extract to softly improve cell renewal will keep dry skin at bay for 24 hours.
Terme di Saturnia Moisturizing Massage Cream with alpha-hydroxy acids among other nourishing actives also encourages the natural exfoliation process while replenishing the skin with vital nourishing ingredients.
Alternatively, Terme di Saturnia Acid Body Cream which effectively combines the gentle exfoliating power of Bioglea with macadamia oil and karite butter for total moisture and smoothness.
- Once a week, consider adding a gentle, non-drying body scrub to your routine for radiant and smooth skin. This will help get rid of flaky, bumpy and rough patches.
Terme di Saturnia Body Exfoliating Cream, a creamy scrub with horse chestnut Glycolic acids will bring back that soft, even skin.
- Use air humidifier in your bedroom if the air is too dry. Adding moisture to the air can go a long way in preventing skin’s dryness.